Monday, October 17, 2011

The Serpent and the Firefly


Once upon a time, a serpent chased a firefly.
The latter fled rapidly, afraid of the ferocious predator, but the serpent didn’t even think about giving up. The firefly fled one day and the serpent didn’t give up; two days, and nothing…
On the third day, now clearly weakened, the firefly stopped and asked the serpent:
• Can I ask you three questions?
• I don’t usually proceed this way with anyone, but since I’m going to devour you anyway, you may ask…
• Am I part of your food chain?
• No.
• Did I harm you in any way?
• No.
• So then, why do you want to finish me off?
• Because I can’t stand to see you shine…
Many times, we don’t understand the reason for persecution, anger, lies, slander, etc.
But here is one of the reasons:
they simply can’t stand to see us shine!

No comments:

Post a Comment